Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Golf Club at Bradshaw Farm


I had a lower back pain but when I was surfing Internet to look for golf courses in Atlanta, I found The Golf Club at Bradshaw Farm in Woodstock this morning. It takes about 30 minutes from my apartment without highway. Of course Woodstock, Georgia is not Woodstock, New York which all music fans know very well. I live in an apartment along Roswell Road. Of course Roswell, Georgia is not Roswell, New Mexico, known for the purported July 1947 UFO incident. I drove through fine residential zone in Roswell and arrived Bradshaw. This is a nice semi-public course, play fee for non-member is just $62.54 including electric cart. I know some of semi-public courses in northern California but usually they cost more than $100. Atlanta is really good place for golfers.

Temperature today was high 52F, but very fine day and almost no winds. My shots were so so. It was because I played from black tees at White Course and Blue Course, 5844 yards. I realized that I don't need to play from back tee. Average golfer, like me, had better play from front tee. I didn't have much pressure at the tee shot, I could use middle or short irons at par 4s, I could reach in 2 at short par 5s. Anyway my score was 43-46 (37 putts), not bad? This is a hilly course but playable from good lies. I hope I will try Red Course next time.

No comments: