Sunday, February 12, 2006

Chimay, The Art of Beer


On Saturday I had Chimay Beer (Blue). I had this beer long time ago, in Foster City, California, where I lived from 1999 to 2002. I found this beer in Joyful Honda, biggest Japanese home center last weekend. In Foster City, at that time, I usually went to buy beer to Safeway, supermarket chain, which sells alomost every country's beer in the world. I didn't buy Japanese beer and national brand in US, Budweiser or Coors, etc of course. I liked Anchor Steam in San Francisco and Gordon Biersch in San Jose best. When I returned to Japan in 2002, I started to buy imported beer at internet shop, but it costed too much and my salary was decreasing, so I finally stopped. However recently Jusco, Joyful Honda or other supermarket chain, home center or discount shop are selling some of imported beer. Now, I can buy Bass Pale Ale in Jusco, Newcastle Brown Ale and Chimay in Joyful Honda. I hope Japanese retail stores sell more imported beer, otherwise Japanese people won't know wonderful taste of world's beer.

No comments: