Saturday, March 11, 2006

At Taiei Country Club

On Saturday I went to play golf at Taiei Country Club attending a tournament arranged by an owner of a bar in Shinbashi, Tokyo. Taiei CC is relatively easy course for average golfer to play from regular tee because most of the holes are very flat and no tricky holes. Score card says it has 6260 yards but on Saturday most of the tee marks were near the front tees, so actual yardage could be 6000 yards or less.

I never practiced my driver since January because I have practiced up to 6 irons and 3 wood. So I tried to play safely with tee shots by 3 wood, second shots by irons even if it was a par 5 holes. It might worked and my score was Out 41 (17 putts) In 47 (16 putts) Total 88 (33 putts). I got 7th place with net score of 74.8 by double peoria among 23 players (3rd place by scratch). It was not bad after my 3 months absence from golf course.

I will play at Taiheiyo Club Minori Course next week. I hope I can play better.
(Above picture:From 18th hole green side at Taiei CC)

No comments: