Sunday, April 29, 2007

The SGCA Golf Course


I still have a 3-hour jet lag. But I got up at 7am and had a Japanese breakfast in Torrance Plaza Hotel. Then I changed my address of various accounts, bank, securities broker, other Internet sites... It took unexpectedly a long time.

I went out to look for car dealer for services. My Honda CR-V ran 12,000 miles for these 6 months already. I decided to have a service at Japanese owned independent dealer, not a Honda official dealer, because it costed less. I will have an appointment tomorrow.

Then I went to Barnes & Noble to buy road maps. Ah I also bought ZAGAT America's Top Golf Course 2007/08 there, although Amazon sells it at around $11.

I also looked for phone/fax machine for my apartment. I went to Office Depot, Circuit City, Best Buy and Office Max. Office Max had more models than others. I bought Brother's cheap machine.

Finally I headed east to The SCGA Golf Course, a SCGA home course, which was designed by Robert Trent Jones, Sr, one of my favorite golf course architect. Green fee for twilight was $48 (non-SGCA member), with rental club, King Cobra, $30.

This course will be one of my favorites around Los Angeles. It is a little bit hilly on front nine and relatively flat on back nine with water. Most of airways are wide open but greens are fast and hard to read. I teed off from White tees, 6294 yards. My score? Not bad with rental clubs. 4 double bogeys and 3 pars, 45-46.

No comments: