Sunday, April 15, 2007

Tournament Players Club at Sugarloaf


Sugarloaf Country Club's golf course、The Tournament Players Club at Sugarloaf is in Duruth near Atlanta. One of the PGA's Tournament Players Club courses and PGA is the owner of this course according to the member who I played with. Every year it holds Bellsouth Classic, which is renamed to AT& T Classic, May 14-17.

This is my last round in Atlanta, because I will move to Los Angeles at the end of April. There were thunder storms in Georgia since last night, and there was still some rain with very strong winds at the tee time of 2:14pm, with temperature of around 40F. This is also my first round at a private course in Atlanta, with member accompanying play fee of $157.94. It is said it costs more than $200 with non-accompany play fee. But!, this is very very reasonable at this fine course. Pebble Beach, $450?, Spyglass Hill, $300?. Only $150 something at this championship course! Oh my goodness. Thank you very much, Dr.T, Mr.S who arranged this great opportunity. I also thank Mr.K.

Rough is very deep because it will have a PGA tournament 1 month later. Fairways and greens are incredibly well maintenanced. I feel the greens are very fast like glass table, although Dr.K, the member, who plays almost every week day, says not much fast after the rain. We played Meadows (3157 yards) and Stables (3182 yards) from white tees. We passed 5th hole of Stable and my score was 49 on Meadows and +12 on Stables (without 5th hole). Not bad on this tournament course.

I believe this was one of the best courses in the U.S. I played (most of them were in California), like Pebble Beach Golf Links, Spyglass Hill, Pasatiempo and PGA West.

No comments: