Saturday, May 19, 2007

Lakewood Country Club


"Ryuji Imada, 74th in FedExCup points entering the AT&T Classic, is tied for the lead after three rounds and is threatening to become only the third Japan-based golfer to win an official PGA TOUR tournament. Isao Aoki won the Hawaiian Open in 1983 and Shigeki Maruyama has three career victories: the Greater Milwaukee Open in 2001, the Verizon Byron Nelson Classic in 2002, and the Chrysler Classic of Greensboro in 2003." said PGA.com today. I saw him for the first time at the driving range of Pebble Beach Golf Links at 100th U.S.Open in 2000. He has been gradually getting his position in PGA Tour. I hope he will win the tournament at TPC Sugar Loaf, where I played last month.

I played at Lakewood Country Club today. Public course in Lakewood, California. It takes about 20 minutes from Torrance. Very flat but greens are tough. Par 3s are long, even from white tees, 6416 yards. Par 3 of white tees are 139 yards, 196 yards, 203 yards and 178 yards. Don't ask my score. I made below 100, although my driver shots were terrible. There were a lot of 5 sums here, and it took more than 5 hours for 18 holes!

I went to my office this morning. I still have a lot of things to settle. Tomorrow, Sunday, of course I will go to my office.

No comments: