Monday, August 14, 2006

Funabashi Country Club


Funabashi Country Club was established 44 years ago, designed by Mr. Tomizawa Seizo. Long, flat, separated by tall trees, beautiful course in Shiroi City, Chiba, my home town, 10 minutes walk. But I'm not a member because membership is too expensive. In Japan there are so many private courses (membership courses), but visitors can play if tee time is available. Many courses accepts that. So I can play this old private course with my friends, non-members. Today we played twilight front 9 holes. Play fee was JPY6,000(about US$50! Wow! In United States I can play 36 holes if it is a municipal course!). My score? I don't keep my score recently if it is a private round. But I can remember, 3 double bogeys , 6 bogeys, 1 Par, so 47 on 9 holes. Above pic is No.1, 388 yards, Par 4, from the teeing ground.

No comments: