Friday, August 18, 2006

Visa to the U.S.

My next assignment will be for sales subsidiary of our company in Atlanta in the U.S., as I told you before. In the U.S., a lawyer prepared and submitted the application to get approval of my L1 visa to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Today I was informed by the lawyer that he got approval and would send original I-797 to me by airmail. Then I will prepare application, make an appointment and go to the Embassy of the United States in Japan for interview. I may get visa in the middle or the end of September.

Since I came back to Japan from the U.S. in 2002, I haven't had any idea to go back to the U.S. because I couldn't expect any position overseas at my age in that company. However my dream to go back to the U.S. became very real when I decided to change my job. The biggest reason why I changed my job was actually high possibility to go to the U.S. My life and experience in Silicon Valley from 1999 to 2002 and people I met had great impact to my way of thinking. I will soon go back to the U.S. again, and meet a lot of people all over the U.S. and play golf everywhere from east coast to west coast. I really appreciate that the company gives me this fantastic opportunity.

No comments: