Friday, August 04, 2006

Taiheiyo Club Gotemba Course


Today I went to play golf at Taiheiyo Club Gotemba Course. It takes more than three hours from my home to the course by train and play fee is JPY30,500 (US$265). Wow! This is very expensive and almost same as Spyglass Hill or The Links at Spanish Bay in Pebble Beach, but this is one of the best courses in Japan. Many Japanese or even foreigners want to play here, because there is Japan Golf Tour tournamnet, the Mitsui Sumitomo Visa Taiheiyo Masters in November every year. Also the course has become well known in 2001 EMC World Cup, where the pair of Tiger Woods and David Duval catched up Ernie Els and Retief Goosen after Tiger made chip-in eagle at 18th hole. (At the play-off South African pair won.) There is a plate in the right side rough of 18th green, saying "Tiger Woods, Miracle chip in eagle 2001 EMC World Cup".

This is third time for me to play here and I always made not bad score. Caddy is well-trained, service is excellent and foods are very well. I like this course very much. Anyway, today my score was 45-47 from regular tee. Not bad for me after several rounds of more than 100 in Vietnam. Mount Fuji is beautiful in above pic but today we couldn't see her because she is always in clouds. One of executives of Taiheiyo Club tells me that I can see Mt.Fuji if I play 5-6 times here (but I don't have enough money to buy membership.)

No comments: