Monday, December 11, 2006

Bear's Best Atlanta


On Sunday, I went to play golf at Bear's Best Atlanta. All holes are designed same as famouse holes designed by Jack Nikulaus. Another Bear's Best is in Las Vegas.

I arrived at 8:30am but nobody there because of frost delay. I went to pro-shop at 9am but I was told to came back at 10:15-10:30. I waited for more than 1 hour and checked in. Play fee was $105 including cart. We have to wait another 1 hour to start. Driving range was opened after 11am. While I practiced, fore-caddie came to see me. There are no fore-caddie in Japan, and my experience in the U.S. to have a fore-caddie was only in Pebble Beach and Riviera.

We tee-offed at 11:40am from 10th hole, blue tee, 6447 yards. This was the best course I have ever played in Atlanta. Fairways and greens are perfect in this winter season. I could not enjoy each hole because I lost 2 balls in front nine, scored 49. But I could survived and scored 46 in back nine. Total 95 was not too bad for me in this tough course. Playing partners were so nice, one was a lawyer and the other was an African-American and he scored maybe 70s.

Picture is 11th hole, par 3, 185 yards. I shot with 4 iron and hit green but unbelievably back spinned and my ball went to water.

No comments: