Thursday, December 28, 2006

St. Simons Island, Georgia



Even on Xmas eve I went to St. Simons Island for business trip, through I-75 and I-16(pic 1). Passing Macon, day broke. Macon is called "Heart of Georgia" because it is the center of Georgia geographically. For me "Macon" is the birth place of The Allman Brothers Band, where there was Capricorn Records. Duane Allman was born in Nashville, Tennessee, the band was born in Florida in 1969 but moved to Macon soon. I didn't stop in Macon unfortunately. I arrived St. Simons Island at 12 pm. I had a lunch at Buba Garcia's, Mexican restaurant. Then I had some business here and moved to Jesup. next stop was far away via GA-520/US-82, on which I was stopped by police. Wow! Maybe I was at 70 miles on 55 miles road. But fortunately policeman gave me a warning (pic 2) only. 700 miles a day on this day, which was my longest drive a day.

No comments: