Friday, January 05, 2007

Dec 30, 2006 in Kissimmee, Florida



At 6:30 I left Atlanta for Kissimmee, Florida. 300 miles on only I75 South, total of more than 400 mile drive. I had rests several times because I became so sleepy. I entered into State of Florida at around 10am and got off I-75 to Welcome Center. It was cloudy but almost 80 degrees. Finally I arrived a motel in Kissimmee at around 4pm, almost 10 hours drive! Motel 6 in Kissimmee was terrible. No Internet connection, no refrigerator, no Microwave and no breakfast. It was the first time for me in such Motel 6 in the U.S. But it was fully booked (I had a reservation). I had to go to Ramada Hotel'ss business center to print out Van Morrison's e-ticket of Ticketmaster.com because I forgot to bring it.

I went to Seito Sushi in Celebration for dinner. It was real nice. I sat down at the counter. I talked with the chef who was Japanese and his name was Shinji. He told me that it was the first time to talk with a Japanese (it was me) for these three years. It was because most Japanese people came here in a group and sat down at the table.

When I came back to the motel, I had nothing to do because of no Internet connection. So I listened to Van Morrison and read Johnny Rogan's "Van Morrison" to prepare his live in Kissimmee on Jan 2.

No comments: