Sunday, January 07, 2007

Dec 31, 2006 in Kissimmee, Florida

On Dec 31, I went to Celebration Golf Club designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr. and Jr. in Celebration, Florida. Celebration is a small town which was developed by Disney. It took only 10 minutes from the motel I stayed in. I booked 7:04am tee time yesterday and started from gold tee, 6,336 yards, par 72 alone, by electric cart with GPS navigation. Play fee was $116.63 including tax.

I struggled at front nine, with 50 strokes (23 putts!) but improved very much at back nine with 42 strokes (1 birdie, 14 putts). I finished in 3 hours and 15 minutes. This is very nice course, and I like Robert Trent Jones' designed courses. Even after 1 round it was 10 am, so I moved to another course.

Next was Championsgate. It took about 15 minutes from Celebration. This course was designed by Greg Norman with links style course (The International) and American style course (The National). I started at 11:30am on The National, blue tee, 6,427 yards, par 72. I played with a father and son, and a guy from Austria. This was a kind of competition between America, Austria and Japan. I made 46 on front nine but 55 on back nine. 1st place was a father, 2nd was his son or me?

I wanted to go to see the countdown in Walt Disney World but I was tired for 2 rounds, so I went back to Celebration and went to Seito Sushi for dinner again.

After coming back to Motel 6 in Kissimmee, I listened to Van Morrison, drinking Atlanta's Sweet Water IPA and California's Turning Leaf Cabernet, and new years eve went on. I was alone in Motel 6 in Kissimmee, Florida.

No comments: