Monday, January 08, 2007

Jan 1, 2007 in Kissimmee, Florida



On New Year's Day, I arrived Falcon's Fire Golf Club at 6:30am. I can't believe my tenacity even if I do say so. Golf Travel Annual-2007 Travel Planning Guide says there are hundreds of fine golf courses in Orland or Kissimmee. (*)are there.

【10 Places you gatta see in the Sunshine State】
1. Walt Disney World*
2. Westin Innisbrook Resort
3. Grand Cypress Resort*
4. Doral Golf Resort
5. World Woods (Pine Barrens Course)
6. World Golf Village
7. Arnold Palmer International
8. TPC at Sawgrass
9. The Breakers, Palm Beach
10. Ocean Hammock Resort

What's Cool Beyond the Mouse
【5 Best Stay-And-Play in Florida】
1. Walt Disney World Resort*
2. Bay Hill Club & Lodge
3. Grand Cypress Resort*
4. Westin Innisbrook Resort
5. Doral Golf Resort
【5 Local Favorites TO Play】
1. Championsgate (National)*
2. Falcon's Fire*
3. Celebration Golf Club*
4. Shingle Creek*
5. Eagle Pines*

【Top 10 Places to Play】
1. Miami Beach Golf Club
2. Crandon Park Golf
3. Victoria Hills
4. Orange County National
5. Doral Golf Resort
6. Innisbrook Golf Resort
7. Ocean Hammock, Palm Coast
8. Osprey Ridge
9. New Course, Grand Cypress Resort*
10. Shingle Creek Golf Club*

Yes, Falcon's Fire, which was designed by Rees Jones. Play fee was $123.05(incl.tax). Water and bunkers are beautifully placed so neighbors like this course. It took just 10 minutes from Motel 6 in Kissimmmee. Golf Courses in Florida are very flat so they are very easy to play for average golfers like me. It means easy to play, not easy to make good scores. Cart has GPS navigator, no 90 degrees rule. I like to walk in golf courses but it is difficult to walk here.

I teed off at 7:15am alone from blue tees, 6473 yards. This course didn't expect first player would be firehills on this New Year's Day. When I play alone, I don't feel any pressure to be seen by other people, so usually I can make good shots. I made 43 on front nine. And it was good up to 12th hole. It started raining. I hate rain. After that, terrible! back nine was 51, total 94, which was very average score for me.

After having a breakfast/lunch at McDonald's near Motel 6, I visited my customer. This was a business. They were working even on New Year's Day. Then I went to Walt Disney World's Epcot for the first time, where my customer has a store. I was surprised to see security check at the entrance, which was almost same as at the airport. I didn't need to get off my shoes off. I asked a young man at the gate why you wanted my fingerprint. He told me it was to secure my ticket for my own use only.
I don't know the truth.

My family in Japan asked me to buy cell phone straps. American people usually don't have cell phone straps like in Japan. It was so hard to find them, but I finally found them at the shop in front of Canadian pavilion.

I went to Seito Sushi again for dinner on New Year's Day.

No comments: