Wednesday, June 06, 2007

California Driver License

I went to DMV in Torrance this morning and had a written test. I passed it! At the registration, I showed them my California driver license, which already expired in 2003. They said my personal information was still in file, so I didn't need to show my passport or other official documents. If I showed them only my Georgia license, I had to come back again with my passport. I thought I had to have a new license, but it was OK to renew the old one. So I have a Georgia license and California license at the same time now. Georgia State issues official driver licence on the same day, but California State issues an interim driver license (just a piece of paper, not a card), which is effective for 60 days. They will send me official license (a card) in a month.

No comments: