Friday, June 15, 2007

Naughty, Bawdy and Blue by Maria Muldaur




I got "Naughty, Bawdy and Blue" by Maria Muldaur today. New release in May. Good blues album. Bonnie Raitt joined with vocal on track 3, "Separation Blues". Raitt said "How great to hear these classic blues again, done up right by one of my favorite singers and the incredible James Dapogny's Chicago Jazz Band. I loved joining in on Sippie Wallaces's Separation Blues".

Pics are album jacket. Signiture of Muldaur, she has her own liner of 4 pages. Muldaur in around 1960, from Bob Dylan's "No Direction Home".

PS: I met Muldaur in early 1990 in Jazz Club in Hong Kong, very small club with only around 50 seats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Maria Muldaur very much.
I saw her concerts three times. The first one was at the Palomino, Los Angeles in 1980 (or 1981).
The second and the third were in Hong Kong in early 1990. I had a chat with her, and she was kind enough to autograph her jazz L/P album.
The venue was a small club, named Jazz Club.

I would like to have her new album!

firehills said...

Dear linda2006nicci
Thanks for your comment. That live was a fun. We sat down the table just in front of her stage, didn't we?