Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Bobby Jones Golf Course


On Nov 12 (Sun) I went to Play golf at Bobby Jones Golf Course. On Sat at Stone Mountain GC Stonemont Course, my driver shots were so terrible, into the trees many times, so golf nuts like me wants to play again very soon. It's so cold in the morning but very fine day. The course is owned by Atlanta City and managed by American Golf. It is in downtown Atlanta but away from center of downtown, so many trees here too.

I checked in at around 8am and pro-shop man told me I could start any time if available. Play fee was $29.35, walking. In Atlanta, I always ask at pro-shop whether I can walk or not, because there are so many courses which is hard to walk. Here, he told me "I'm walking all the time, yes you can walk, some holes are hilly but you can. Good exercise".

I started at around 8:20am with Tracy and Roy, both seemed 60s. I didn't use my driver and hit tee shot with fairway woods and 4 iron because the course has 5,666 yards only with par 71 from white tees. It worked very well and front nine was 44 (3 pars) and back nine was 40 (1 birdie and 3 pars). Ah, my first round in Atlanta with 80s.

Relatively short course, but some par 4s has 400 yards. Good course. I can say condition of the greens are not too good. I don't know Bobby Jones played here or not but this is one of old courses in Atlanta, built in 1934.

No comments: