Saturday, November 04, 2006

The Tour Championship 3rd round


Today I went to East Lake Golf Club in Atlanta to see The Tour Championship. I left my apartment before 9am went via GA-400 south and I-85 south. I was surprised to see there was a tollgate on GA-400, which was only 50 cents. Parking for the tournament was a parking of Turner Field. I didn't find the way after getting off from I-85, but I could get into the right parking luckily. There were not so many cars parked in the lot, because 1st party would start 11am. A party but Davis Love alone who shot 82 at 1st round. A bus took me to East Lake Golf Club which was on the corner of 2nd Ave SE and Memorial Dr SE, off Glenwood Ave on I-20. I was in a lot of trees and houses.

I exchanged my e-ticket to formal admission ticket at the entrance and took a look at the shop, the went to driving range, where K.J. Choi was practicing his short iron. Every shots by pitching wedge or 9 iron were around pin at 150 yards or something. I bought a cup of coffee and took a seat beside 1st tee. Against expectation, there were not too many people here. Today's Atlanta Journal Constitution reported that the tournament was criticised because of no appearance of Tiger Woods and Phil Michelson.

It was too cold to wait David Love on the 1st tee. His hooked his driver shot. I watched 2nd party and 3rd party but only one player hit fairway. Hmm. After David Toms' tee shot, I walked with him to 6th hole, then I waited for Ernie Els. Big Easy's swing was very easy, slow and very beautiful. It was nice to see big names like him very close from a few yards. Thank you, Tiger. I walked with Ernie to 10th hole and I had a hot dog near 10th hole. I waited for Vijay Singh there and walked with him to 12th hole. 12th green and 13th tee was very close, so I decided to wait for Retief Goosen here. I walked with Retief to 15th hole and waited for Adam Scott. After Adam's tee shot at 15th hole, I moved to 18th hole, 235 yards, par 3. I could see several parties very close to teeing ground. After Retief's tee shot at 18th hole, I decided to leave here before heavy traffic.

I bought a $20 cap which had The Tour Championship and East Lake GC logos. Traffic was unexpectedly no problem at all. Thank you again, Tiger.

No comments: