Friday, November 03, 2006

City Club Marietta


On October 28, I went to play golf at City Club Marietta, which located at the center of Marietta, 30 minutes by car from my apartment in Sandy Springs. This is a municipal course which is owned by Marietta City. I arrived at 8am and teeing time was 8:30am, play fee was $55 including electric cart. I played with 3 Americans. They seemed around 60 years old and very average golfer. Their score was not less than 100. Me too. I didn't keep my scores but I scored less than 50 at back nine. This course is very hilly as always in Atlanta. There are no flat lie and greens are so small. Rating from white tee, 5,396 yards, is 71 and slope rating is 119, so it should not be so tough. But my tee shot was terrible and I could make only approach shots and putts. I asked them "Are there any flat courses in Atlanta?". They told me "No, you must go to Texas or Florida". Atlanta City locates at a height of around 300 meters, so there should not be many flat courses here.

No comments: