Sunday, November 12, 2006

Stone Mountain GC Mountmont Course


On Nov 11, 2006 (Sat) I went to play golf at Stonemountain Golf Club Mountmont Course with my colleague. We played with a guy from India, who came to Atlanta for a conference and would fly back to India in the afternoon. He got a rental club. He was also real golf nuts!

Stonemont Course isn't hilly comparing to Lakemont Course where we played last week. There are almost no water hazard. However my driver shot was terrible again. I lost a few balls and hit provisional balls a few times. My score was 51 and 47, total 98 at 6,129 yards, par 70 course. Not long but many par 4s has 390 yards, so if tee shots are in the trees, it is impossible to get on the green in two. I finally changed my strategy. It's too late though. At 18th hole, par 5, I hit tee shot with 5 wood which wouldn't reach to the bunker on the left, and 4 iron, then pitching wedge, and got a par.

Above pic is Stone Mountain GC, Stonemont Course 1st hole.

No comments: